Free Hit Counter
Free Co
unter

Monday, May 7, 2007

I'm Back Home






Well, I am back home after 42 days of work. One of my shortest work periods ever. In recent years I have been taking an August vacation, so this is very early for me. But there is going to be a special event this May that caused me to take an early vacation. As most of you know, my son Lucas has been attending Gordon-Conwell Seminary in Massachusetts.



Lucas will be graduating May 12, 2007. In recent years, I took one week's personal leave to attend Loralee's, Kim's and Logan's college graduations but with the added travel to the Boston area that would be unfeasible.




Traveling with Denise and me will be Lucas's grandmother Dot and Lucas's Aunt Debbie Coon. Lucas's grandmother promised me that she renewed her driver's license, so we will not have wait for her to be thoroughly searched at the airports. Grandma Dot's first plane trip was to Lucas and Kim's wedding in Nebraska and apparently she posed a potential security risk due to a piece missing on her driver's license.




After we get back from Boston, we are planning on going to a Detroit Pistons playoff game with... da Bulls. Detroit leads that series 1 game to none with the 2nd game tonight. So, I'm sure we will be watching the game on television tonight.




I will be home for the rest of May. Denise is still working every day but she has the week-ends off. If you would like to get together with us just give us a call.


I will give one interesting fact and one question for all viewers of this blog site to respond to on each of my posts from now on. I will come up with some sort of a prize for the first correct responder.


Interesting fact #1: Each king in a deck of cards represents a great king from history.

Spades: King David; Hearts: Charlemagne; Clubs: Alexander the Great; Diamonds: Julius Caesar

Question #1: What is the only food that does not spoil?
Good luck to all of our readers.

2 comments:

Lauren and Jeff said...

We hope you all have lots of fun in Boston! Take tons of pictures and be safe!

By the way, honey is the only food that does not spoil. :)

~ Indy Niece

Anonymous said...

First of all get that picture of me off here PLEASE. And second the answer was too easy. everyone knows honey is the only food that doesn't spoil if sealed properly. Try another one Mr. Trivia Man.