Free Hit Counter
Free Co
unter

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Update from Lake Michigan

How 's everyone enjoying the summer weather? It has been cooler than normal on Lake Michigan (about 60 degrees) that's both in the air and in the water. Right now, Saturday, I am in Buffington, IN. unloading stone. We are due to go up into the big lake, Lake Superior. I may not get home again until 2nd week in July. Countdown for my vacation in October is at 100 days. Maybe that is a little early to be counting but that's what I do.
I want to wish a couple people a belated birthday wish. Rosey's birthday was the 14th and Kim's birthday was the 15th. I hope they had a great day. And don't forget Loralee's birthday July 9th. If I have missed someone just send a comment.

Now for the trivia question answer, the answer is Pope Benedict IX at age 11. But I guess there is a lot of contrversy concerning his correct age but the oldest they have him listed is 18.

Interesting fact #6: A bal of glass will bounce higher than a ball of rubber.

Trivia Question #6: What is the only vegetable that is also a flower?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think it is an artichoke or broccoli. Am I right? HUH...why aren't Lucas and Kim guessing these? xo ME

Anonymous said...

Hi Dan,
The right answer is artichokes. I looked it up on the internet.
We just got back from camping. It was nice. Denise came out and brought us some cookies and cupcakes. They were great. Just got my stitches out on my hand and it is doing good.
Hope things are going well with you.
love
darleen