Free Hit Counter
Free Co
unter

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A Family Doubles!


Not everyone can say that in one year their family has almost doubled. WE can! 2009 has been a very productive year for the Millers. In case you didn't know (haha) we (Dan & Denise better known as Nana & Poppy) have three beautiful Grandkids!! :)
Lucas wrote in an e-mail to me the other day "don't you think you should change your pro-file picture, this one is really out-dated. He was so right. Good time for a new blog also. What better things to do when you have a blizzard going on outside. I believe it will be 2 days at least stuck in the house all by myself. Don't get me wrong I love a big storm but it is kinda boring alone. But....I should get some major cleaning and on-line shopping done, see'in we won't get out for a couple of days.
Aren't they adorable!!

I (Denise) also had 2 baby showers, 2 wedding showers and 2 weddings to get ready for this year. I didn't know if it was possible but with alot of prayer and support from family and friends it got done. By the time Logan and Mindy got married I can admit I was a little drained. Well I guess I will start with Grant because he and Loralee were married first. Actually I have known Mindy longer so I will start with her. When Logan first brought Mindy home I was surprised how much she reminded me of myself at that age. The thing I love most about Mindy is she is such a free spirit. She has her own creativity all of her own. I never seen anyone who can put colors together like she can and it looks fabulous. She is willing to try hairdo's that most of would be terrified and she always looks great. (except for the time she showed up at Christmas with black hair). I kid you not I looked out the window and didn't even know who it was. I mean, come on who does that, most of us if we were even to try this would do it at a time when we wouldn't be seeing anyone or would have time to dye it back if we didn't like it. Not Mindy, she come walking in with a smile on her face. I think Logan was surprised too!! I just think Mindy is a knock-out with her blonde hair, so I can honestly say I didn't like it and I believe her mom told me the same thing. But that is our Mindy....fun, good mommy, makes the most beautiful quilts (which I hope to get one day), I have hinted a few times. She loves to shop, and I thank God I don't live close to her because I think I would become addicted. She always finds the coolest stuff and bargins. One of the things I love about Mindy also is she always makes us feel at home when we stay with them and she always says "Come anytime, you are always welcome." Not too many girls would tell a Nana that, because they would want to be there all the time to play with their granddaughter and Jack too! One more thing I have never seen any girl who can put things together and figure things out like she can! It's a good thing because I don't know if Logan likes doing that. Welcome to the family Mindy, I hope you feel loved.

Ok...now Grant. Meeting Grant for the first time was priceless. I actully told Dan when we left the Melting Pot..which by the way is a must restuarant to go to, but have lots of time and money, I said, " that's the guy Loralee is going to marry." Dan thought it too, but he doesn't voice his opinion as freely as I do. After hearing that Logan told Grant, meeting my dad will be easy it's my mom you have to worry about, I just walked up to Grant and said "hello I'm Denise the mean one". He just laughed! Now that I know Grant, he seemed not so talkative that night as the Grant we know now. I think he was just letting us go on and on with our questions. I have to say Dan and I were very happy with Grant, finally Loralee had a guy who offered to even pay the dinner bill, which Dan was getting because it was a birthday dinner for Loralee/and a get to know Grant dinner. When we were done we found out the bill had already been paid. It was very nice but very humbling because it was a very large dinner bill. Grant insisted so Dan let him get away with it. Grants brother gave a toast at the wedding and told the crowd that his brother had one of the biggest hearts of anyone he knew, I have to agree with him. The thing I love about Grant is that he has a love for the important things in life, like family and spending time together. Grant also knows how to do things, fix things, and he has a beautiful home for him and Loralee. The only thing I would change about Grant is I would love for him to have this burning desire to move to Michigan!! We need to get a boat. :) Welcome to the family Grant and I hope you feel loved also!

So after twin grandbabies, a granddaughter, 2 weddings, 4 showers we are getting ready for the Christmas Holiday! I'm really looking forward to 2010, we can start having birthday parties and all the exciting new adventures that are waiting for us. I must take time to Thank God for all these blessings we had this year. It was a year of prayer and Thanksgiving. And did i mention Dan and I had a will/trust made out, and Dan has his time in on the boats. We are definately feeling retirement coming our way. I will positively look forward to the last time I have to pick up the phone to see when that boat is due in. If it wasn't for the Grace of God I would never have been able to survive this kind of a life. I don't think we will ever forget "2009"!!








6 comments:

Dan Miller said...

The year must have just flew by for you. For me, it was like I didn't have time to savor one moment before the next event was here. I would do it all again next year if I could.

ldmiller said...

What else can you pack in in the last 3 weeks? 2009 is not over yet.

Dan Miller said...

Maybe help m oving a family.

Dad and Mom Miller said...

Well if it don't stop snowing "Nothing" I can't even get out of the driveway. We are having a blizzard and they say the last time we had one this big was 20-30 years ago. But I'm game for something.It is the twins 9 mo Birthday today and Harper had 5 mo Birthday on the 7th. :)

Kim said...

I love the profile pic! We've definitely grown a lot since the last one! And such a nice tribute to the newest members of the family!

Lauren and Jeff said...

Excellent choices for new photos on the blog. I can't wait until that pic of you and Dan shows both of you trying to wrangle a bunch of toddlers!!!